- THE FIRST SUPPER. Join us for an Indian Dinner Experience presented by the London Area Anglican Churches in Support of Outreach Ministries. October 14, Sanctuary of St. Aidan's Church.
Cocktails at 5:30pm
Dinner at 6:30pm
Experience an evening of FINE FOOD, Music, Friendship, and fellowship all in support of outreach work in the City of London.
There will be a cash bar, an auction, Indian Drumming and Soulful Songs performed by Stephen Holowitz. Tickets are $50
For more info see the poster.
To reserve your tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-471-1430
- Deanery Hymn Sing – One hour of old favourites and new compositions.
Sunday October 16 at 3 p.m. at St. Paul’s Anglican Church, 9 Douro St, (corner of Waterloo) Stratford
Sunday October 23 at 3 p.m. Parish of the Holy Spirit, 21 Jarvis St N, Seaforth.
Planning committee, Ray Ford and Barbara Collier, St. Paul’s Stratford and the Rev. Tim Elliott.
Musician: Marsha Goold, St. Paul’s Stratford.
Come and join your voices sing your familiar hymns and explore new compositions. Time permitting, we’ll sing your favourite hymns.
All welcome. Free will offering. Refreshments afterwards guidelines permitting.
Ray Ford is a hymn composer and chorister. Barbara Collier is a voice teacher. The Rev. Tim Elliott is a retired priest and musician
New hymn compositions welcome for consideration:
- St. John’s 5K Walk/Walk
Join us for our 15th annual St. John’s 5K Walk/Run on Sunday, Oct. 16 at 2:30 pm. The funds raised from this event directly benefit many who are hungry, homeless, and troubled.
Pre-registration is available online https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/118861863RR0002-st-john-the-evangelist/p2p/StJohns5Krunwalk/.
or in-person on race day starting at 1:30 pm.
All are invited back to the church after the race for the awards ceremony, entertainment, pizza, and refreshments.
St. John the Evangelist Church, London, 280 St. James Street, www.stjohnslondon.ca
- EVENTS AT ST. GEORGE'S, LONDON
Word Salad? A Conversation about Key Christian Words
Christian faith, like any religion, has its own language. It deploys a set of terms drawn from the Biblical revelation around which its worship, devotion, and theological reflection are organized. As ordinary believers, we learn ‘to speak Christian’—and so to act and think Christianly—primarily through engagement with the Scriptures, prayers, and hymns of the Church. But these terms apart from theological reflection can sometimes degenerate into a kind of ‘word salad’; words we use without any clear sense of their meaning. This fall we will have an opportunity to reflect together on four primary terms of the Christian vocabulary on four successive Wednesday evenings:
God – October 26
Jesus Christ – November 2
Holy Spirit – November 9
The Human Being – November 16
Each session will begin at 7:00 pm and end at 8:30 pm. There will be ample opportunity for questions and discussion. The sessions will be facilitated by the Rev'd Canon Dr. Tim Connor. All are welcome!
- MELODIES OF THE 60s: VIGNETTE PIANO TRIO. Featuring Neil F. Young, Laurence Gauci & Tim Adair. A concert benefiting St. Stephen’s Church, Stratford.
Saturday, October 22 @ St. Stephen’s Church, 133 Home Street, from 7-9pm. Doors open at 6:30.
Tickets 15.00; Door prize: 50.00 gift card to Bentley’s Silent Auction and free refreshments.
Contact: Deb Moon 226-921-4804. SEE THE POSTER
- London Gospel Collective presents: Worship Night. Sunday, October 16 at 7pm. 513 Talbot Street, London, ON.
Reserve your FREE TICKETS at londongospelcollective.eventbrite.ca
Suggested donation: $15.00
For more info: email@example.com
- ST. THOMAS CHURCH, ST. THOMAS EVENTS:
Almighty Roast Beef Dinner Fundraiser
Friday, October 28 from 5 to 7pm at St. Thomas Anglican Church, 20 Flora St., St. Thomas.
$20.00 per meal.
Ticket sales begin @ 2:30pm the day of the dinner. Eat-In or Take-Out available. Come out and enjoy a heavenly meal.
Christmas Wonderland Bazaar
Sat., Nov. 12 from 8am to 12:30pm at St. Thomas Anglican Church, 20 Flora St., St. Thomas.
Gift Baskets, Instant Win, Jewellery, Children's Table, Sewing/Knitting/Crafts, Bake Table/Preserves, Frozen Meat/Fruit Pies and much more. Coffee Break, Light Lunch from 11:30am to 12:30pm.
Every Tuesday starting at 1:30pm at St. Thomas Anglican Church, 20 Flora St., St. Thomas.
minimum donation of $3.00. Please help provide light snacks to be shared. Come out to enjoy the fun and meet new people.
- CHRIST CHURCH (ANGLICAN) – OXFORD CENTRE. HAM & SCALLOP POTATO SUPPER
(vegetable, coleslaw, baked beans, dessert). WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 26, 4:30 – 7:00 P.M.
DRIVE THRU PICK-UP ONLY
(Please come from the East on Old Stage Road)
Advance tickets only (pre-pay only). Adults $20.00, Children 10 and under $10.00
(cash, cheque, e-transfer)
Contacts: Pat Simmons 519-485-4461; Geoff Innes firstname.lastname@example.org or text 519-537-1202
TICKET PICK UP DAY SUNDAY OCTOBER 16 FROM 11:30 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
- Old St Paul's Anglican Church in Woodstock.
Second Online Christmas Auction is coming up on November 1 to the 7.
0ur auction is critical to the ongoing success of our outreach efforts at Old St Paul's which continues to host the Inn, Oxford's shelter for the homeless. SEE THE POSTER
- CHRISTMAS CRAFT BAZAAR: Hand-crafted items and second-hand bargains could be yours at the Christmas Craft Bazaar at Church of the Ascension in London. The church is hosting the sale on Nov. 5 from 9 a.m. to noon at 2060 Dundas St. There will be quilts, knitting, woodworking, sewing, jewellery, and baked goods from church and community makers, plus used books and Christmas decorations, a tearoom and more. Poster can be viewed at https://ascensionlondon.com/2022/10/10/christmas-craft-bazaar/
- EVENTS AT HOLY TRINITY ST. STEPHEN’S MEMORIAL, LONDON
1) Evergreen Bazaar will be November 12 from 9am to 1pm at Holy Trinity St. Stephen's Memorial, 727 Southdale Rd. E. London. There will be a bake table, Christmas cakes, meat pies, crafts, bottle draw, silent auction, "Gifts to Go", Christmas decor, jewellery, surprise boxes, children's table and much more. There will be no admission charge. Also a BBQ lunch is available to purchase and 'The Book Nook' will be open that day.
2) The Book Nook will begin winter hours starting on November 5. Hours will be Saturdays only 10am to 3pm. Fiction and Nonfiction books, Children's books, puzzles, games, art by local artists and much more. Hardcover books $2 each or 6/$10 while Soft cover books $1 each or 7/$5. The Book Nook is in the building behind Holy Trinity St. Stephen's Memorial 727 Southdale Rd. London.
- Holy Trinity, Lucan: A Nativity Exhibit 2022
Sunday, Nov 7:
Blessing of the Nativity Scenes @10:30am;
Nativity Scene viewing 2:00pm-4:30pm
Wednesday, November 30:
Nativity Scene viewing 5:00pm-7:00pm
FORUM: What does Christmas mean to you today @7:00pm
Saturday, December 3: Nativity Scene viewing with hot chocolate and Christmas cookies in the parish hall 3:00pm-6:00pm
Sunday, December 4: Church service @10:30am
Community Carol Sing featuring the Medway Choir (2:00pm) and reception to follow
DISPLAY YOUR NATIVITY SCENE! Scene drop off: Nov 24 and 25 from 6pm-8pm. Pick up: Dec. 8 form 5pm-7pm POSTER
- Victorian Christmas Tea at the Church of St. Jude, 1537 Adelaide St N. in London.
November 26, 2022 at 1pm
There will be fancy sandwiches, homemade scones and of course tea!
$25.00 for Adults and $10.00 for children 12 and under. Call 519-660-6198 to reserve your tickets